CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Follow-up Appointment 1/5/2011

We went up this morning to the RE's for my CD (Cycle Day) 3 appointment (even though it was only CD2).  At this appointment we found out the (AMH) anti-mullerian hormone test that they had done in December, came back at 0.5 which shows that I have low ovarian reserve.  This means that I may not have many eggs left.  The RE is not sure why that I have such a low reserve.  I am going to be have several blood tests done to check and see if I have any antibodies that might be attacking me.  The RE also suggested doing one more IUI and then move onto IVF.  The IVF is so expensive!!!  I am not sure if we will be able to find a way to pay for it.  I just keep praying that this IUI will work and that we will not have to worry about moving onto IVF.  We will be meeting with the IVF coordinator before our appointment on January 12th.  I have also called another RE's office in Pittsburgh because they might have more financing options.

On top of all of this.  I called my insurance company the insurance that I only got because I was under the impression that they would cover my fertility meds.  I called the company to to find out what they would cover during my open season at work.  I was told that they could not give me any information because I was not a current member, but I could look at the formulary and specialty medicine list and that would let me know what was covered.  I called today to see what my co-pay would be for several drugs that the RE mentioned that he might put me on.  Of coarse there is excellent coverage for all the other drugs on this list, but Fertility Drugs have to be paid 100% by the member.  I just love my luck.  I was hoping that 2011 was going to be better than 2010.....So far it is not starting out that great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment