CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

BLOOD WORK....GRRRRR

I went in on Tuesday morning to get my blood drawn.  I waited an hour before getting called back for the blood draw.  I get back and give them my orders and I am informed that they cannot draw my blood because they do not have my consent for the HIV test.  The doctor's office wanted to keep the consent form and had the fact that they had the consent on file on the order form.  The phlebotomist refused to draw my blood without the consent form, even though they had drawn Lenny's blood the day before without the consent form.  I was so upset about all the time that I had wasted that I could have saved if they would have not drawn Lenny's blood or the doctor's office had made sure that I would not need the from when going to have my blood tested.  I ended up having to call my doctor's office and the laboratory director to get this all straighten out.  My doctor's office ended up faxing the forms and when I went back to the hospital I was in and out in 15 minutes.  The end was good, but the beginning and middle were so stressful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment